Monday, April 19, 2010

A Perfect Afternoon

Nothing seems to go right today. I have decided to go to my secret place. Everybody goes to that park but somehow it brings me peace when I ride on the swing and relax. Hmmm! Ugh. I knew that this is a bad day. There is someone on the swing already. I unconsciously walked over to look at the person swinging away. It was a man with beautiful dark blue eyes. He looked up and met my gaze. I was so stunned to move. He slowly got off the swing and walked right passed me. Standing there, frozen like a rock I tried hard to collect myself. I blindly sat on the swing with a blank look. His eyes were so mesmerizing it makes me want to hold him and say everything will be fine. This is crazy. I do not even know the man. I started pushing the swing when I glanced up and saw him staring back at me. Convincing myself that this has to be a dream, I shook my head till it hurt. “Hello!” OMG! He is still there and now we have audio. Come on say something or he will think you are a lunatic. He chuckled and went behind me to give me a little push. Forcefully I was able to say “Hi”. He laughed again. “Have you been staring at me for a long time?” Hell no! Hell no! That is what I wanted to say but all I did was stare blankly at the sky. There was this awkward silence. When this silence thing goes on I always imagine a commercial coming up as if I was watching a show on TV. I finally gathered the courage to ask for his name. “Andrew, and you?” Marissa. He stopped pushing the swing and looked at me. “You know it is rude not to answer the question.” Huh, oh crap I thought I did. “Um, Marissa.” This is pathetic now he will really think I am dumb. “Well Marissa, nice to have met you today.” Now is the perfect time to wipe the drool off my mouth. I stared at his back as he walked away waving and laughing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home